Elk Grove Kids Camp
Coming January 2023
A New Adventure Every Day!
Elk Grove Kids Camp Ages 5-13 yrs. old
It is with great pleasure and excitement to be able to offer Elk Grove Kids Camp to local families all year round.
Not your average off-track care. We’ve got something special for you! Providing a safe and fun environment for your children.
Elk Grove Kids Camp at Sunshine Swim Center caters to Year-Round, Traditional and Modified Traditional school schedules. Offering a Full-Day, Full-Week, or Full-break option for your child while they are not attending school. This could be when they track off for summer break, holiday break or school breaks.
Your kids are going to have a great time with all of the activities we have in store at Elk Grove Kids Camp. Each week is jam-packed with engaging activities. Some of the activities could include; arts and crafts, painting, walking fieldtrips, indoor high-energy games, and team building activities.
Every afternoon campers will have the Sunshine pool to themselves for open swim; 1:00-3:00. As we said, we’ve got a camp bursting with fun!!!
- Elk Grove Kids Camp is for children between 5-13 years old
- Camp is open Monday-Friday
- Hours of Operation: 8:30am-5:00pm
There is no “Early Drop off” or “Late Pick up” available.
8:30 – Students can arrive as early as 8:30am
9:00-9:45 – Indoor group activities
10:00-11:15 – Outdoor activities (hikes, trips to the park)
11:30-12:15 – Activities on-site
12:30-1:00 – Lunch (prepared and brought from home)
1:00-3:00 – Open Swim Time (year round)
3:00 or 3:30 – Swim Lessons (added cost; must be prearranged)
3:00-3:20 – Change into regular clothing
3:30-4:45 – Indoor/Outdoor Activities
5:00 – Latest to pick up your child
Advance Enrollment is required for all scheduling options.
$25.00 Administrative and Supply fee per camper.
Pick and Choose the days you would like for your camper to attend:
Cost: $79.00 per day
Join us for a full week.
Cost: $329.00 per week
4-Weeks of School Break (up to 20 days of care)
Great option for families looking for care for the full school break – potentially missing just a day or two.
Camp runs between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday
KIDS CAMP CALENDAR AND HOLIDAYS
We operate a year-round center and observe limited holidays. We also schedule professional development, clean-up/training days and allow for staff to transition during certain times of the year. A calendar for the year is provided to all parents upon enrollment and is subject to change with prior notice to parents. Please contact the program director or the enrollment office for any questions you may have regarding the Elk Grove Kids Camp calendar.
ELK GROVE KIDS CAMP CLOSURE DAYS
December 31, 2022
January 1, 2023
July 4, 2023
November 23, 2023
November 24. 2023
December 25, 2023
Elk Grove Kids Camp Early Dismissals
Camp will close at 3:00pm on the following days for in-service training and program transitions
Add-On Private or Semi-Private Swim Lesson Deal
Book a 4-day; Monday-Thursday, private or semi-private swim lesson for your week of camp. The Elk Grove Kids Camp and Sunshine Swim Center will coordinate the lesson time for either 12:30 or 3:00pm time slot. There will be limited spots. Lessons must be requested and paid for in advance.
Regular Cost: $209/ private lesson; $107.50/ per swimmer semi-private lesson
Camp Discount: $40.00 off total
Eligibility and Enrollment
Enrollment is open to community members. Children and parents are welcome to all services regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, mental disability or physical disability. We are also open to full participation to families with limited English proficiency. A limit of 28 school-aged campers is allowed each week. Elk Grove Kids Camp is committed to operating open and fair admissions procedures.
- Each child must be at least 5 years of age when starting at the Elk Grove Kids Camp and younger than 12 years and 11 months old
- Parents seeking to secure a place for their child must complete an online enrollment form.
- A completed enrollment form must be logged with the service prior to the child attending Elk Grove Kids Camp
- After review of the enrollment request for the Admissions Department, the payment will be processed and the child’s spot will be secured.
- Children will be admitted on a ‘first come first served’ basis, following submission of the enrollment form.
- If there are no remaining places a waiting list will be drawn up.
Parents Requesting Withdrawal
If a request for a campers withdrawal from the Elk Grove Kids Camp program is made prior to the end of their enrollment agreement, parents must provide a minimum of 7-days advance written notice to the center director. Email notification is highly recommended to ensure date and time notation. If request for withdrawal is due to a medical reason (in such a case a written note from a licensed medical provider stating that withdrawal from center-based childcare is recommended due to a child’s serious illness or injury) a credit will be awarded.
Credit for Withdrawal
Elk Grove Kids Camp does not provide refunds. Rather, if a family chooses to withdraw from the program, a minimum of 7-day prior to the start of the agreement of care, a credit in the amount appropriate for the days withdrawn from will be placed on the families Elk Grove Kids Camp account to be utilized for another time. Only in the case of a medical reason; (see Parent Requesting Withdrawal) will a credit be provided if client is not able to continue the program before the end date of enrollment. Credit can be used for any programs organized by Elk Grove Kids Camp.
When you know your child will be absent for any reason during their time at camp. It is important you contact the director and let us know of the situation so we are able to plan for staffing and activities. Proration or credit will not be given for missed days.
- Parents will be contacted if a camper is exhibiting illness to be picked up.
- Camper exhibiting illness will be moved to an isolation room away from other campers per health and safety required by California Childcare Department.
- Camper will not be allowed to participate in any additional activities for that day.
- Camper can return to camp when they no longer are showing symptoms.
- In the case of Diaherea, camper will not be able to particpate in any pool activities until 14 days after diaherea has stopped. Certain intestinal infections can be transmitted in the water environment.
- Elk Grove Kids Camp can not distribute medication to campers unless in the case of medical emergeny such as; a diabetic episode, or situation where an epi-pen would be needed for an allergic reaction.
Late Pick Up
- Elk Grove Kids Camp is not able to accomodate late pick up (after 5:00pm) $5.00 per minute will be charged to your account for the overage time.