Adult CPR/AED Certification $55.00
(with First Aid Training) $80.00
Adult + Pediatric CPR/AED Certification $70.00
(with First Aid Training) $95.00
This Red Cross First Aid and CPR course meets OSHA requirements and teaches you how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies including the use of automated external defibrillators (AED) and common first aid emergencies in adults, children and infants. 2 year Red Cross certificate issued at the end of this class.
Shallow Water Lifeguard Certification $229.00
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this course.
- Swim 100 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 50 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using the front crawl or breaststroke. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Submerge to a depth of 4 to 5 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and walk or swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object at the surface of the water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
The purpose of the Shallow Water Lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level shallow water lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills needed to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies in shallow water up to 5 feet deep, and to provide professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios
- Pass both the Section 1-CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2-Shallow Water Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent.
American Red Cross certificate for Shallow Water Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED: 2 years
Sunshine Swim & Fitness Center online registration page. Here you can register for Swim Lessons, Kids Camp & American Red Cross Classes.